I don't know about you, but I love to decorate! One way I decorated for the fall is I made a fall garland.
Here's how I did it:
Clear or white thread
Safety pin or something that will allow you to poke holes.
The 7 Simple Steps:
1. Go outside and find that perfect stick for your "base".
-Make sure it is thick enough not to break.
2. While your out there, find some twigs that you can wrap around it.
3. Hot glue the twigs to your stick in whatever way you think looks best.
4. Cut out your leafs.
-You can find an outline for a leaf online or make one yourself.
I preferred to make my own. If you
want to, you could also use real leafs.
5. Glitter your letters.
-Use you glue to write the letter on your leaf then pour the
glitter on before it dries. If you do this
on a paper plate it reduces the amount of glitter that will
scatter. It also comes in handy when you
dump the extra glitter off your leaf.
6. Use a safety pin to make a hole one the stem of your leaf. This is where the leaf will hang from.
-Be careful not to tear the stem.
7. Strategically hang your letters on your branch however you want using a clear (or white) thread.
-I used fishing line but it bends awkwardly so I wish I would
have used a thread.
8. With the same thread, hang your branch evenly. I used push pins and hung it on my fire place mantel.
With this project there are a lot of ways that you can make it your own. This is simply how I did mine. Feel free to vary it however you would like.